14" bandsaw / sawmill plans
The 14" bandsaw/sawmill is a small light bandsw that can be used in your workshop, or on a special
stand as a sawmill for cutting up logs. As a sawmill, it is light duty, comparable in speed
and portability to chainsaw sawmills.
I have produced detailed set of plans for
the 14" wooden bandsaw / sawmill
The plans include:
SketchUp is a free, easy to use CAD program, downloadable from Google.
- Detailed drawings of every part of the bandsaw
- A full-scale template of the frame (spread over many pages, with alignment grid)
- 1:1 printable templates to paste on the wood and cut out for many of the parts
- Over 50 pages of drawings and illustrations
- Detailed instruction on building the bandsaw and sawmill conversion, including over 150 photos
- Wood cut list and hardware list
- A SketchUp model of the bandsaw, which allows you to view the bandsaw from any angle, disassemble
it, or regenerate each of the views in the plans by clicking on the 'scene' tabs in SketchUp.
See the specs See what's in the plans
The plans are in metric units, except for drill and dowel sizes, which are in imperial units.
You can generate plans in imperial units simply by changing the units to "imperial" in SketchUp under
"model info", but the units will not work out to even numbers like they do in Metric.
Please also consider these important safety notes
On payment, you will be redirected to the download page after a five second delay.
A download link will also be emailed to you automatically. The plans are a 16 megabyte zip file
(your computer, Mac or PC, already knows how to open zip files)
Use your credit card. You don't need to have a PayPal account. After clicking "Buy Now",
Just click where it says "Don't have a PayPal account?" and use your credit card.|
No credit card? see here for instructions
If you encounter any problems with the download link or email, feel free to contact me at: