Tilting router lift plans
A Tilting router lift really opens up the possibilities
with your existing router bits. It's like multiplying the size of your bit
This Tilting router lift is designed to be buildable from birch plywood and maple,
without the need for metal working beyond drilling holes in metal and using a hacksaw.
The plans include:
More about building this router lift
- Detailed drawings of every part of the router lift
- Dimensioned 3D views and assembly drawings
- Full-scale 1:1 drawings of all the parts, so you can easily check your parts
without the need to measure.
- Printable 1:1 templates of the gear sets to get in 10 turns per inch with 5/16"
threaded rod, or 2 mm per turn with M8 threaded rod.
- For full size (3.5" diameter body) routers, or smaller routers with removable bases.
- Detailed instructions on how to build it, with over 100 photos
- Materials and hardware list
- A SketchUp model of the router lift, which allows you to view it from any angle, disassemble
it, or regenerate each of the views in the plans by clicking on the 'scene' tabs in SketchUp.
SketchUp is a free, easy to use CAD program.
See the specifications
See what's in the plans
The plans include printable
1:1 patterns of all the parts
The plans are in metric units, except for drill and dowel sizes, which are in imperial units.
You can generate plans in imperial units simply by changing the units to "imperial" in SketchUp under
"model info", but the units will not work out to even numbers like they do in metric.
Please also consider these important safety notes
On payment, you will be able to download your plans immediately.
The plans are a 11 megabyte zip file (your computer, Mac or PC, already knows how to open zip files)
A download link will also be emailed to you automatically.
Some email programs may treat this email as spam, so please check your spam folder if you
did not receive the email.
You can checkout with your credit card or PayPal account.|
If you encounter any problems with the download link or email, feel free to contact me at: