Slot mortiser plans
The plans for my multi slot mortising machine
are the most detailed and most comprehensive
plas I have drawn yet. I have also taken more detailed photos of the machine,
and written more notes about what to watch out for and how to build this machine.
The plans include:
Please also see these important safety notes
- 23 pages of detailed dimensioned drawings of all the parts and assembly views
- Detailed photographs of various parts of the machine.
- An article on adapting drawer slides to use as linear glides for this machine
- A SketchUp model of the machine, which allows you to view the machine from any angle, disassemble
the machine, or regenerate each of the views in the plans by clicking on the 'scene' tabs in SkechUp.
SketchUp is a free, easy to use CAD program.
- Printable template and for the counter wheel
- Materials and hardware list
- An offline copy of the article on the slot mortising machine
A preview of some of the drawings in the plans:
Peek inside the plans
The plans are in Metric units, except for drill and dowel sizes, which are in imperial units.
You can generate plans in imperial units simply by changing the units to "imperial" in SketchUp under
'model info', but the units will not work out to even numbers like they do in Metric.
On payment, you will be able to download your plans immediately.
The plans are a 4 megabyte zip file (your computer, Mac or PC, already knows how to open zip files)
A download link will also be emailed to you automatically.
Some email programs may treat this email as spam, so please check your spam folder if you
did not receive the email.
You can checkout with your credit card or PayPal account.|
If you encounter any problems with the download link or email, feel free to contact me at: