Screw advance box joint jig plans for sale
I have produced detailed plans for the improved version
of my screw advance box joint jig.
I love showing off these plans, and have included a preview
of the plans so you can get a better sense of what's inside before buying.
Please also read these important safety notes.
The plans include:
I also have a free online article on how to make gears
- 16 pages of detailed dimensioned drawings of all the parts and assembly views
- Printable cut-out templates for all the gear sizes, up to 48 teeth.
- Large 1:1 printable drawing (print on yor printer then paste together)
- Detailed instruction on building the jig, including over 50 photos of the construction.
- A program that runs in your browser for calculating spacing tables to work out which combinations
of gears to use for what spacing of joint.
(runs in your web browser on any computer - mac or PC)
- A SketchUp model of the jig, which allows you to view the jig from any angle, disassemble
it, or regenerate each of the views in the plans by clicking on the 'scene' tabs in SkechUp.
SketchUp is a free, easy to use CAD program, downloadable from Google.
- Graphical hardware list (with pictures of all the hardware bits)
- A cut list
The plans are in Metric units, except for drill and dowel sizes, which are in imperial units.
You can generate plans in imperial units simply by changing the units to "imperial" in SketchUp under
'model info', but the units will not work out to even numbers like they do in Metric.
On payment, you will be redirected to the download page after a five second delay.
The plans are a 4.8 megabyte zip file (your computer, Mac or PC, already knows how to open zip files)
A download link will also be emailed to you automatically.
Emails about downloads are treated as SPAM
by some email systems so Please check your SPAM folder after purchase.
Use your credit card. You don't need to have a PayPal account. After clicking "Buy Now",|
Just click where it says "Don't have a PayPal account?" and use your credit card.
No credit card? see here for instructions
If you encounter any problems with the download link or email, feel free to contact me at: